When does my production order start?
Once you’ve received your sample, log into your account on the platform, mark the sample as received and follow the prompts to feedback your sample design:
- Give your sample an overall star rating. This gives the factory an idea of how satisfied you are on the overall craftsmanship of the piece.
- Either select Go to production to go straight into production with no edits to your sample -or-
Select Make changes to edit the fit, fabric, color, tech pack, etc. of your sample and request a new sample be made with those edits. Since changes to a design will create a new tech pack, there will be a cost to produce your new sample. This cost depends upon the changes you make and will reflect the technical difficulty of the new tech pack, the fabric cost, etc., just as the quote for your first sample did.
- If you selected Go to production, you will next confirm your order details and pay your sample invoice. Then, you're all set!
If you selected Make changes, you will go to a screen where you can upload photos of your design sample.
- Once you upload your sample photos, use the comment and pin feature to mark areas where you would like edits made to your design. Then, click the green button at the top of the page to go to the next step.
- Here, you'll use the icon menu to select different areas of your sample to edit. You can change up the fabric, the print, the trims, and more for your next sample by clicking on the corresponding icon.
- After you make all the changes you'd like to, you'll click Review changes at the top of the page.
- Read over the information summary on the next page to confirm that everything matches your edits to your sample.
- Click the back button to return to the previous screen and edit something; click Submit the changes to proceed with your edits; or click Delete update to start your sample feedback over.
- Confirm the details of your order on the next screen, including the number of samples and their sizes.
- Lastly, confirm or edit your shipping details, and you will receive a new sample invoice and timeline to completion in just a few business days.
MakersValley advises placing your production order within 30 days from when you receive and approve your final sample.