What is included in my factory bid?
Every factory bid is divided into 3 sections and includes the total price, in U.S. dollars, for:
- Your apparel or accessory design sample – The prices you see in this section will appear on your sample invoice after you approve your factory bid.
- Your production order based on your production quantity – After you approve your sample, you can confirm your production quantity and approve your order. The prices you see in this section will appear on your production invoice.
- Any additional costs to produce your design
The sections above will include the following details:
- The design photo you uploaded in your design listing.
- Your design project number – this is a unique identifier. You will see it on all of your invoices.
- This factory bid’s expiration date.
- Star this bid if you are interested in reviewing it later for approval. Starred bids will appear at the top of your bid list if you receive multiple bids for a single design project.
- The beginning of the Sample section of your bid.
- The sample turnaround time. This is how fast the factory will make your sample after you pay for it. It does not include shipping time from Italy. Add 1 week for shipping time.
- The Sample Item Description is the name of the item being quoted on this line. Item description can be: product category of your design (ie. Jeans, Dress, Handbag, etc) with the fabric type written in parenthesis next to the product category, Sewing Pattern, or Design Services.
- The quantity for the sample quoted, which defaults to 1 – a single sample. If you are interested in producing multiple design samples, here’s how.
- The price per sample in U.S. Dollars.
- Any additional comments from the factory on your sample. Comments can include additional fabric information.
- Use this slider to approve the quote you see on this line item. Red means the quote is not approved; Green means the quote is approved. If you’re unable to click the slider and toggle it, it means this quote is required to produce your design. The color is green by default.
- The beginning of the Production section of your bid.
- The production turnaround time. This is how fast the factory will make your production order after you pay for it. It does not include the shipping time of your production order from Italy. Add 2 weeks for shipping time and customs processing.
- The Production Item Description is the name of the item being quoted on this line. Production item description will always be: product category of your design (ie. Jeans, Dress, Handbag, etc) with the fabric type written in parenthesis next to the product category.
- The quantity for the production order quoted. It defaults to 50 pieces, 100 pieces, and 500 pieces. You must approve at least one production quote (slide the slider to green) in order to approve a bid. You can change your final production quantity later once you approve your sample since your account manager will send you the production invoice. Please select the production quantity closest to the one you think you will ultimately request. This will help your factory match plan their capacity to match your needs.
- The production order price per piece in U.S. Dollars.
- Any additional comments from the factory on your production order.
- View the other bids for your design listing.
- Click the Reject button to reject your bid. Bids will stay in your design project until they expire unless you reject them. It’s important to reject bids that you will not ultimately choose so the factory can be notified that you aren’t interested in their offer. When you reject a bid, you will see a feedback form asking why you are rejecting the bid.
- Click the Accept Bid button to approve the bid. It will show you a summary of your bid and you will see your sample invoice ready to pay.